Dr. John Taskinsoy is Lecturer in the Faculty of Economics and Business at Istanbul Aydin University (Turkey) and Amity University (India). In the wake of moving on from San Francisco State University in 1997, he was offered a Management position at Nortel Networks where he had worked quite a long while.
During 20 years of professional life, he has held Director positions in different organisations and oversaw projects in various places. He teaches courses related to finance, marketing, and business communication. He has published scholastic articles and papers in different national and international journals.
Dr. John Taskinsoy is also the Author of the book – Basel III: Road to Resilient Banking – Impact on Turkey’s Financial Sector.
Listed below are selected best 43 Success Quotes by Dr. John Taskinsoy That Will Motivate You To Succeed.
- The definition of success differs from person to person; so if you are trying to succeed according to somebody else’s definition, you may end up failing miserably.
- The great inventions would have not become a reality if their inventors listened to criticism or paid attention to people who tried to hold them back on their dreams. I advice you only share your dreams with those who think that you are extraordinary, not ordinary.
- There are no guarantees of success, if there were, it would have not been called real success. Success is an outcome, what counts more is the process together with the act of striving to achieve success.
- To succeed in the world, you do not need luck or favouritism; what you need is you already have, try, try again, and try harder. Other essential ingredients are commitment, dedication, consistency, and the iron-will.
- Encouraging others will help you achieve own success. It is scientifically proven that happy people with high self-esteem and self-confidence are more willing to work harder. Happy people would do things beyond your expectations that you would have not gotten them to do by bossing them around.
- Success is proportion to what you possess; skills, knowledge, commitment, will, and courage. And the level of your success will depend on how effectively you utilize them.
- A failure gives you some ideas about challenges and obstacles in the uphill road to success, not recognising them can be fatal.
- Don’t let things that you cannot do discourage you and hold you back from things that you can do. It would be irrational to think that one can do everything; in this line of logic, self-analysis is crucial, meaning every person must analyze his/her true capacity, examine the current skills, and determine any essential future requirements.
- Sure you cannot move a mountain physically, but if you don’t have the right mind-set, or you don’t put your mind into it, you cannot possibly move even the smallest piece of stone, which is an essential step in succeeding a mountainous task.
- Deciding what you want or who you want to be have a cost, before doing the either one, you must first decide whether you are ready and you dare to pay the price or not.
- Repeating success of the same thing is not success; if you want to be taken seriously, repeat your success or achieve bigger success doing other things.
- Success requires patience; rushing and jumping into conclusion may adversely affect the likelihood of your success. Keep in mind, you can only harvest the grown seeds that you had planted previously.
- Happiness will bring out the best in you, and enable you to do what you want and who you want to become in life.
- There is no mystery, no formula, or no secret to success: be yourself, trust your ability, be persistent, have an iron-will, be committed, work hard (and harder), and never give up no matter how many times you fail. Failures and drawing valuable lessons from them make success inevitable, and that much more precious.
- Real things are subject to change, which revolves around reality. Get out, start moving, and be the change unless you want to sit still and watch the change taking place all around you
- A failure does not make anyone a victim, and certainly you should not feel like one after your first failure. However, if you do not get up after a fall and give it another try, then you will be a real victim.
- Setting goals is a crucial step in the achievement of success, however the outcomes may be varied if you set your goals not based on what you deem important, but based on what others deem important.
- Every risk bears with it the seeds of an opportunity: failure – success, fall – rise, and setback – come-back.
- Throughout my life, I have not done things just because somebody deemed important; this why I am successful today.
- Achieving quite easy things does not earn you glory, but getting right back up from the hardest fall to succeed gives you the feeling of real glory.
- If everything was easy and life was beautiful in the absence of countless challenges and obstacles, success would have meant nothing of importance. Unfortunately, the real life today is not easy nor beautiful; there are tough challenges and never-ending obstacles; all of which and more might make you scream your head off, feel extreme frustration, or even go bananas. This is exactly why success is hard to achieve, and when you, you feel real glory.
- No one or nothing determines your destiny, it is shaped by the consequences of all the things you do and the decisions you make.
- Only start something if you intend to finish it, otherwise it is going to be a waste of resources.
- If you do the right things today, you will be the right man tomorrow.
- Instead of working hard for money, why not make money work hard for you; this way, you can have more time to enjoy life.
- Thanks to all my sufferings, I am a man of success because of them.
- Living with a purpose in life is more fulfilling than living a rich lifestyle without a purpose.
- If you want to reach the mountain top, expect to see rugged roads ahead.
- Dare to face your competition, because running from it is associated with losers.
- Failing with a positive attitude is a lot better than succeeding with a lousy one.
- The journey of the success train is from the first station to the final destination; if you plan to get off in between, you should not waste your time taking this trip.
- Success is a rare occurrence while failure is in abundance.
- Success comes with the luxury of matching all your wants with all your needs.
- When you are true to yourself, you know better than letting people influence your decisions to distract you from reaching your goals.
- Failing is not the end of the world, but not trying is. I am who I am because I dared to fail and I was willing to learn from my failures.
- Blaming external factors is not going to enable you to succeed in the next try because you are going to play the pointing finger game again.
- If you call your failures and all the bad things happen to you a destiny; or similarly, you call all the good things happen to you a fate, then the success happening to you is impossible in this line of logic. You do not wait around for success to happen to you, you happen to success; when it does, you can then call it destiny or fate, it does not really matter.
- You only stop trying when you are physically or/and mentally unable to do so; if neither one is the case, then do yourself a favor and don’t create silly excuses for not trying.
- The road to success lies in the heart of knowing what you want to do in life and do it; some call it destiny.
- Don’t be upset when you see people around you get surprised at your great success. Their reaction is natural because they simply knew you before you became a man/woman of success.
- If you don’t like what you see when you look in the mirror and you don’t have a clue what you want in life, then it is going to be nearly impossible for you to do anything and be successful at it.
- There is no challenge in knowing the outcome of what you are attempting to do, the real challenge is not knowing how what you are doing is going to turn out, or even better, attempting to do something that everybody tells you absolutely impossible to do.
- When it comes to ‘change’, you are either a leader or a follower; leaders create change, shape it, live it and be the change; followers on the other hand serve to the change and those who create it, furthermore they are forced to live somebody else’s change. So, it is time for you to make a decision what you choose to be, a leader or a follower.
Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!